Frequently Asked Questions
We're very happy to help you in any way we can. Below are some of the questions most frequently asked of our personnel. If you don't find what you're looking for, please drop by or give us a call.
Does BCS provide breakfast and lunch to students?
Yes, we provide a nutritious breakfast and lunch at each of our schools. Please see our Food Services page for more information.Back to Top
Does the district provide bus transportation to school?
We are happy to provide the privilege of bus transportation to many students who attend our five Blackford County schools. Visit the Transportation page for our transportation policy, bus rules, and schedules.Back to Top
How will you notify us of school delays, closings, and other school emergencies?
Back to Top
We will notify families through the SchoolMessenger service via phone or text messaging. Please be sure your contact information is current to receive these notifications. In addition, please visit the Blackford County School's Facebook or Twitter pages. In cases of inclement weather, we will also notify the following radio stations:
WWWO Muncie 93.5 FM
WMDH 102.5 FM
WLBC Muncie 104.1FM/1340 AM
WOWO Ft. Wayne 1190 AM
WMRI Marion 106.9 FM
How will BCS schools help prepare my child for the technological demands of the 21st century?
All of our classrooms and our school libraries are equipped with computers for student use. Internet access is also available, which students may access only through the use of their user ID and password combination. Network and Internet access is a privilege; we do not consider electronic mail transmissions or other uses of the corporation’s network by students and employees confidential, and we may monitor it at any time to ensure its appropriate use for educational or administrative purposes.Back to Top
Are sports part of the curriculum in the Blackford County schools?
The interscholastic athletics program at Blackford County Schools is an established, important part of the total educational program at Blackford High School and Blackford Jr. High School. BCS has established a proud tradition of excellent academic and athletic accomplishments. We play to win and are held in high esteem by our opponents. We are proud of our Bruins and invite all who would like to participate with hard work and integrity to join us.Back to Top
What is Blackford County Schools' policy about random drug testing?
The Blackford County School Corporation will conduct a mandatory random drug-testing program for:
Back to Top
- All students participating in extracurricular activities including all athletics, clubs, organizations, and activities sponsored by the school corporation
- All students who apply for a driving/parking permit pursuant to rules and regulations as set forth in the student handbook
The purpose of this policy is:
- To provide for the health and safety of all student athletes
- To provide for the health and safety of all students participating in school sponsored clubs and activities
- To provide for the health and safety of all students who are permitted to drive to school and park on school grounds
- To provide for the health and safety of the general public
- To undermine the effects of peer pressure by providing a legitimate reason for students to refuse illegal drugs
- To encourage students involved in extracurricular activities and driver’s training who use drugs to participate in drug treatment/education programs
- To address a demonstrated drug problem, which exists in the school corporation’s student body