Blackford County School Governing Board
The individuals on our school board are elected community members who volunteer their time for the benefit of our school district and the students who attend our schools. They assist the district in planning, budgeting, and implementing school programs and help ensure fiscal responsibility.
We hold our meetings on the third Tuesday of every month unless otherwise noted.
Held in the board room of the central office, regular meetings are open to the public. Indiana law allows board members to meet in closed executive sessions to discuss personnel, legal, and negotiation matters; however, all board action and voting must be conducted in public session.
On December 3, 2014, the Blackford County Schools Board of Trustees began the first of a series of community meetings to begin to discuss the future of our school system.
The following presentations outline our historical enrollment trends, show how enrollment affects our corporation’s general fund, and present possible reorganization options the corporation could take to help reduce our expenditures.
- Blackford County Schools Consolidation Proposal - February 21, 2017
- Proposed BJHS/BHS Consolidation Map - September 18, 2015
- Feasibility Study Presentation - September 15, 2015
- Strategic Planning/Community Feedback - March 16, 2015
- Dr. Croner Presentation Part 1 - January 21, 2015
- Dr. Croner Presentation Part 2 - January 21, 2015
- Blackford County Schools Feasibility Study - December 3, 2014
- Strategic Planning Meeting and Community Feedback - December 3, 2014
We welcome your comments and questions.
Please send all correspondence addressed to board members to:
Blackford County Schools Administrative Offices
Hartford City, IN 47348
Please e-mail individuals by clicking on their name below. Or you may call or fax us at the numbers below.
Phone: (765) 348-7550
Fax: (765) 348-5361