BCS Community Update
We want to express our continued gratitude to our community during this time. We are thankful for the support shown for our students, teachers and staff. As we near the end of the 2019-2020 school year, I wanted to share an update on current planning at BCS.
Information for the Class of 2020
- Graduation: Blackford Junior Senior High School will hold Graduation for the Class of 2020 on Sunday afternoon, July 12th, 2020. We will continue to work with health professionals to determine the details of the ceremony. Please save the date and look for more information in the coming weeks.
- Senior Parade: BJSHS is organizing a Senior Parade on May 20th at 6:30 p.m. We will take the parade through Hartford City and Montpelier. Look for more information next week.
- Senior Awards: Our Senior Awards will be held virtually on May 29th. The High School is working with presenters to create a program to celebrate these accomplishments. This will be posted to the school website and social media.
- Transcript Pick Up: Seniors will be able to get a physical copy of their Transcript on June 1st between 8 am and 5 pm.
End of the School Year:
Next week will be our last scheduled week of school, with Friday May 15th being a review day. On Monday May 18th we will have our normal Monday Packet Turn in, and all chromebooks should be returned that day as well.
School Lunch Program:
- The last day of our current program on lunch pick up and delivery will be Monday May 18th.
- On Tuesday May 26th, and on Mondays through June 22nd we will offer a summer lunch program that will be pick-up only. The Hartford City Location will move to BJSHS for this program due to increased roof construction at Northside. Again, this lunch program will be curbside pick up only. Pick up times will be 11:00 to 12:00p.m. We will share a new form to get accurate counts of those wishing to participate.
Online Registration: Online Registration for 2020-2021 will open June 29th.
Just a reminder that a virtual Kindergarten Roundup for 2020-2021 is currently underway. If you have an upcoming Kindergarten student, please complete the Kindergarten questionnaire form - https://forms.gle/9aofD8zg7WzMeZX57
Planning for Next Year:
As with many aspects during this pandemic, we face uncertain times about specific fall plans. The Governor has stated that in late June/Early July they will provide more guidance about what school may look like in the fall. Please continue to watch for direct mailings and your email or our school’s website and social media for updates about our fall programming.
Again, thank you to our entire BCS family for your efforts during this unique situation. Please be safe Bruins!
Blackford County Schools