Clubs & Activities
Every child has his/her own learning style. By offering opportunities in a wide variety of areas, we know we can create interest in science, music, reading, and the arts. Check out our programs. We’re sure you’ll find something to open your child’s eyes to a bigger world!
Science doesn’t get much more exciting than Camp Invention—a place where big ideas become the next big thing! At Camp Invention students get to
- Take apart machines
- Move and think quickly during fast-paced and high-energy games
- Build and compete in your team’s freestyle racing cart
- Prototype your own video game story
Look for information about this great opportunity at the end of the school year. This is an event you want your child to be involved with!
Are you interested in learning about other countries? Join us to learn fun geography facts such as:
- Where is a particular country located?
- What do the people look like?
- How do they dress?
- What do they eat?
- What kind of house do they live in?
- What kinds of games do the kids play?
After a busy seven days of research, students present their projects at the International Mall with display boards of the country, food tasting, and even dressing up to reflect the culture.
Do you have a child that is interested in how things work, performing a scientific experiment, or who imagines a trip to the stars? Join us for six fun-filled days where he/she will explore the process of scientific investigation through predicting, building, testing, and drawing a conclusion.
Encouraging your child to participate in the fine arts programs can actually enhance their learning capabilities. Look at what Northside has to offer:
Music, band, and choir
- Grades 3-6: General music theory, introduction to composers, and selected instruments
- Grade 5: Introductory band and choir with performances
- Grade 6: Students rehearse on a regular basis and perform throughout the year
- Grade 6: Continue to build upon musical skills by participating in the state Solo and Ensemble Contest and Circle the State With Song competitions
- Available for grades 3–6
- Learn and apply elements and principles of art in 2D and 3D projects
- Explore different styles and techniques
- Participation in the student art gallery
- Participation in county-wide art show