Blackford County Schools News & Events
From awards and kudos to district-wide announcements, you can read all about it on this News and Events page. Be sure to visit it often, so that you always know what’s going on at BCS.
Be sure to mark your calendars for the Montpelier School kindergarten and early kindergarten roundup on Wednesday, April 19 at 5:30 p.m. Children who will turn five years old on or before August 1, 2017, are eligible to attend kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year. Students who turn five before March 2, 2018, can enroll in early kindergarten. Please plan to attend a parent information meeting at Montpelier School. Please bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate and immunization records. For more information, please call the school office at 728-2402.
Blackford County Schools is seeking a superintendent that is passionate about our mission, "Educating students, changing the world." Candidates must fill out an application and provide the necessary documentation by April 14, 2017. We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- Visionary leader with high expectations and successful administrative experience
- Willing and able to be a visible community leader
- Strong working knowledge of community relations, program evaluation, finance, school law, collective bargaining, personnel recruitment, selection, and retention
- Desire to build upon a record of continuous academic improvement and success
- Sensitivity to the total needs of all socio-economic and cultural backgrounds pertaining to students, parents, educators, and support staff
- Individuals who possess, model, and expect fairness, honesty, and integrity
For more information, please visit our Human Resources page.